Supreme Council of AASR initiates a prize of the Fine Arts Union from Romania
To honor the memory of our brother who passed away in 2015, Ioan Atanasiu Delamare, the Supreme Council of AASR, together with the Fine Arts Union (FAU) from Romania, has awarded a prize to a young artist, appointed by the Board of FAU .
Ioan Atanasiu Delamare was born in Bucharest, on January 5th, 1955 and became member of the Fine Artists Union from Romania in 1990. Between 1984 and 1994 was graphic designer at the Institute of Fine Mechanics in Bucharest. He started his teaching career in 1992, as assistant professor at the Art Academy in Bucharest and between 1996-2012 was a lecturer. In 2006 he obtained a PhD in Visual Arts. His works are exhibited in the Art
Museum of Constanta, Museum „Saint Olaf” in Northfield (United States) and the Museum of Contemporary Art in Bucharest.
He had many personal and group exhibitions, both in Romania and abroad.
* * *
Mrs. Lea Rasovszky was the beneficiary of the prize „Ioan Atanasiu Delamare”. Born on 24th of March 1986 in Bucharest, Lea Rasovszky graduated Fine Arts University in 2008 and soon after graduated a MA in video art and multimedia.
Personal Exhibitions (selection):
– From Love. Moral facts III, Ciclop Garage, Bucharest, (2015);
– Inner Whimp, Lateral ArtSpace, Paintbrush Factory, Cluj-Napoca (2014);
– The Savages, Atelier 35, Bucharest (2012);
– Sorrow, Heartache, Recovery & Shit, ALERT Studio, Bucharest (2011);
– Wallpaper Drawings, Galeria 29, Bucharest (2009).
Group Exhibitions (selection):
– Inventing the Truth. On Fiction and Reality, New Gallery of the Romanian Institute for Culture and Humanistic Research from Venice, part of the 56th edition of the Art Biennale in Venice (2015);
– PASSAGE, National Museum of Contemporary Art – Annex, Bucharest (2014);
– Biennale of Young Artists, 5th Edition, The Overlapping Biennial, Bucharest (2012);
– Preview Berlin – the Emerging Arts Fair, 9th Edition, Berlin (2012).